Top Pet Care Franchises
If you’ve long dreamed of being a business owner and you love animals, owning a pet franchise is the way to go. Not only do you get to combine your two passions — owning a business and animals — but becoming a Franchise Owner has a much higher rate of success than starting a new business from scratch.
When you become part of a franchise, you get all the benefits of an already established business: recognizable branding, an existing client base, a tried-and-true business model and more. As for joining a pet franchise specifically? There’s never been a better time to join the pet care industry.
In the U.S. 70% of households have pets, and nearly 100% of those view their pets as family members. Because pets are valued family members, the pet industry provides what are considered “essential services,” meaning even in times of economic downturn, pet franchises continue to thrive. With a projected growth rate of 7.8% per year, by 2023 the pet industry is expected to be valued at $283 billion. Investing in a pet franchise is an investment in your future. But with so many options in this booming sector, how do you know what to choose? Here, we break down the qualities of pet franchises, and how Dog Training Elite checks every box.
Breakdown of Top Pet Care Franchises
It’s important to understand there are a variety of businesses that make up the pet industry, and there is a franchise for every one. Here is a short list of the largest franchises in the pet industry:
- Poop pick up. This one's a no-brainer. In 2020, the U.S. saw a “puppy boom” as people began to work remotely. Now, as more people return to work, they need someone they can trust to watch their precious pooch during the day.
- Dog grooming. If you’ve ever had a dog who hated to have their nails trimmed or loathed bath time, you know this one’s a no-brainer as well. Many pet owners would rather hand these unpleasant tasks over to a professional and pick up their fresh and clean pup afterward.
- Pet walking and sitting. For those who have dogs that aren’t a good fit for doggie daycare, or even cats, these franchises provide an important and needed service.
- Dog training franchises. Dog training is one of the fastest growing pet franchises in the U.S. Some of this growth is due in part to the 2020 puppy boom, because many owners are now discovering their dogs have separation anxiety or maybe weren’t as well-behaved as they thought.
What Makes a Successful Pet Franchise
The first and most important part of being successful is that the franchise offers an essential service. Dog training is perhaps the most essential pet service – anyone can groom their dog, or clean up after their dog. Basic training may even be doable for many pet owners, but Dog Training Elite goes beyond basic obedience training with group obedience classes, service dog training, therapy dog training and more. Another key to a successful pet franchise is the business model. Dog Training Elite has developed a unique, successful training method and business model with over 40 years of experience. Few, if any other pet franchises can boast the same amount of knowledge and experience with their businesses.
Finally, the best way to know if a franchise is successful is by the satisfaction of its customers. Dog Training Elite consistently receives high praise from customers because of its focus on positive reinforcement, strengthening the bond between dog and owner, and of course — the high success rates. Besides checking off all these boxes, we believe dog training is the best franchise, and Dog Training Elite is the best of the best. Here are three more reasons to become a Dog Training Elite Franchise Owner:
- Flexibility. If you want to be hands-on, working with dogs everyday and working alongside your own dog, you can. If you’d prefer to take more of a backseat, Dog Training Elite offers a semi-absentee franchise model that will work for you.
- Multiple revenue streams. Dog Training Elite offers seven different training programs which means Franchise Owners have seven different streams of revenue. From basic obedience training to service dog training, Dog Training Elite is a one-stop training shop for dog owners looking for various kinds of dog training.
- Community service. By owning a Dog Training Elite franchise, you not only help individual dogs and their owners. You can partner with local animal shelters to raise awareness and participate in the valuable work of the Malinois Foundation — training and providing service dogs for veterans.
"I was working for an international company. I was just another number to them. I thought, 'I don't want to go back to work for somebody.' I decided I wanted to train dogs professionally."
Learn how Dog Training Elite Founder John Mestas turned his 40-year passion for training dogs into a successful business.Hear Our Founder's Story