America’s Top Dog Training Franchise
Over four decades of experience have gone into our proven training method.
Our Pet Training Franchise Story
From an early age, our Founder John Mestas knew he wanted to pursue a career working with dogs and helping them live their best lives. With 40+ years of experience as a professional dog trainer and Competitive Training Director, John launched Dog Training Elite using his proven balanced-positive dog training method that is still used today.
In addition to our original obedience training and behavioral modification services, we now offer even more specialized training programs. Thanks to the unique, successful in-home training model perfected by John and his team, what began as a small movement among dog training companies has grown exponentially.
I was working for an international company. I was just another number to them. I thought, 'I don't want to go back to work for somebody.' I decided I wanted to train dogs professionally.
- John Mestas
Founder, Dog Training Elite Franchise
Founder, Dog Training Elite Franchise
Meet the Founder
Learn how Dog Training Elite founder John Mestas turned his 40-year passion for training dogs into a an award-winning pet care franchise business.
The Dog Training Elite Story
Hover over an icon to read more!
Our Dog Training Services
7 Elite Training Services, 1 Unique Dog Training Franchise Opportunity
Dog Training Elite offers a variety of training services for standard and advanced obedience training needs:
Service Dog Training
Personal Protection Training
Anxiety and Aggression Training
Service Dogs for Military/Retired Veterans
Therapy Animal Training
What Makes Us 'Elite' To Our Clients?
Since its inception, Dog Training Elite has distinguished itself as the best dog training experience available to our customers. We have earned a reputation for excellence through our highly personalized training programs, convenience, and emphasis on positivity in our proven dog training methods.
Our dog trainers meet clients at their homes, conduct a comprehensive assessment, and select a personalized program that will provide the best fit for the clients' needs.
Convenient In-Home Services
We train dogs in their own environment, making it easy and more beneficial for both dog owners and their canine companions!
Superior Customer Service
We provide guidance to all our clients - no matter how long ago their dog graduated from Dog Training Elite!
Exclusive Dog Training Method
Our training is based on the "Classical Conditioning" (a.k.a. "Pavlovian") model. We use a balanced, positive reinforcement dog training method paired with a gentle, non-harmful, electronic collar.
Advanced Training Services
With 7 different dog training courses available, we cover everything from obedience basics to Service Dog and Therapy Animal Training.
Meet Our World-Class Team
President & Founder
- Professional and experienced dog seminar instructor with over 40 years of dog training experience.
- Developed the training systems utilized by Dog Training Elite professionals.
- Served on the boards of Utah Valley Kennel Club, Great Salt Lake Retriever Club and Northern Utah Retriever Club
- Worked with guide dog puppies for the blind in San Rafael, California
- Trained with renowned trainers such as Bill Totten, President of the Professional Retriever Trainers Association
- Has been working in Office Management, Corporate Training and Human Resources for over 10 years.
- An integral part of the initial training program and grand opening launch events.
- Helps Franchise Owners wherever needed, from simply picking up the phone and answering questions to going out and being physically present to provide additional support.
- Has been training dogs for 17 years. Aiden trains dogs for obedience, personal protection, and service dog training.
- Recognized by the American Kennel Club as a certified instructor for AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy, Canine Good Citizen and Community Canine testing.
- Specializes in advanced service dog modalities, obedience and personal protection training, and building client relationships.
- As a Dog Training Elite Franchise Owner himself, he can relate to other Owners on a deeper level and speak to experience on the challenges he has faced and how he has been able to overcome them.
Certifications & Recognition
At Dog Training Elite, we believe that Service Dogs save lives. It is our mission to make these life-saving companions available to our Veterans, First Responders, Women Survivors, and Children with Medical Needs.
Whether it be for PTSD, Mobility Support, or Special Needs, Dog Training Elite works alongside the Malinois Foundation to heal and empower these individuals with a specialized service animal, a partner in life, and a new best friend.
Hear From Our Franchise Owners
Learn More About Our Dog Training Business For Sale Experience And Passion Have Made Our Pet Franchise A Proven Business Success!
A childhood love of dogs led Dog Training Elite's founder to create a pet training franchise that offers a proven, balanced and positive training method. Our dog training business for sale looks out for man’s best friend, but treats our Owners right, too. We combine a love of dogs with a successful business model and support for every single Franchise Owner.