Request a Free Evalution & Demo
Behavioral Training in Dogs
Is your dog chewing things? Peeing indoors? Does your dog reactively bark and have a hard time calming down? If you said yes to any of these questions, your dog needs behavior training, and Dog Training Elite is here to help. Request a free in–home evaluation and get started today!
The professionals at Dog Training Elite have years of experience with correcting unwanted behaviors in dogs and are well–equipped to handle any problems your dog might be causing at home. We can address and correct things like:
- Digging up the yard
- Not coming when called
- Peeing indoors
- Chewing household items
- Leash pulling
- Anxiety and Aggression
Our Balanced Theory
We base our training around the "Classical Conditioning" model (a.k.a. "Pavlovian" or "respondent conditioning"). This includes developing conditioned or automatic reflexes to commands. In its simplest form (after proper conditioning), when the owner says "sit," the dog automatically sits without thinking about it. Our unique techniques ensure our program is a success no matter what behavior we encounter.
We empower owners to train so their dog knows who to obey at all times.
We deal with problem behaviors on a personal basis.
We train wherever issues tend to arise (i.e. jogging, park, home).
We support owners in the off-hours (when training is "not in session").
We work with all members of the household.
Simplified & Customized
We plan training around the owner's schedule and require only 15 min/day follow-up practice.
Additional programs / group sessions offered after in-home training.
We follow up & are invested in the owner's success long-term.
Our high client satisfaction rating sets us apart from competitors.
clas·si·cal con·di·tion·ing PSYCHOLOGY noun A learning process that occurs when two stimuli are repeatedly paired; a response that is at first elicited by the second stimulus and is eventually elicited by the first stimulus alone.
Types of Dog Training Programs
There are many types of dog training programs used to create different outcomes. Some of the dog training programs you’ll find at Dog Training Elite include:
- Obedience Training: This teaches your dog new verbal commands and skills like sit, stay, heel, come, and more. While obedience training is most commonly taught to puppies, dogs of any age can benefit from obedience training.
- Behavior Training: This addresses and corrects specific problems a dog has. This training can be for anything from housetraining problems to anxiety and aggression.
- Service Training: This training helps dogs learn to perform tasks and become companions for individuals with special needs or a disability. Service training requires a highly intelligent and obedient dog.
- Therapy Training: Therapy dogs provide comfort and calmness in people’s lives. Outside of the home, they are utilized in hospitals, nursing homes, and even schools.
- Personal Protection Training: This teaches a dog to protect its owner and to attack on command. You can train your dog to protect your family in many situations.
Understanding what type of training program you and your dog need will allow the professional dog trainers at Dog Training Elite to help you and your dog in the best way possible.
Behavior Correcting Techniques
There are many techniques for behavior training. Here at Dog Training Elite, we employ positive reinforcement. With a positive training method, we focus on only giving positive feedback through treats or praise when your dog performs a correct behavior or task. We never use shock collars, negative feedback or other forms of punishment when training. Here are a few more techniques we use in addition to positive reinforcement.
- Clicker training: When your dog performs the desired task or behavior, we use a device to make a small click sound, signaling your dog that it did the right thing. They are also then rewarded with a treat.
- E–collar: At Dog Training Elite, we often use electronic collars, which are very different from shock collars. A shock collar sends an uncomfortable shock to your dog when they are behaving incorrectly and is used as a punishment. An E–collar sends a gentle vibration to get your dog's attention and refocus them on the task. It is never used as a punishment and does not hurt the dog.
- Model training: This training involves using a model dog within a group. The trainer will work with the model dog to show the other dogs the correct behavior. The model dog will get praise and rewarded for performing. Since dogs often learn by observation, your dog will see this and attempt the correct behavior.
- Relationship–based training: This technique strengthens the bond between dog and owner. A strong and deep connection with your furry friend will encourage obedience and help training happen more smoothly and faster.
Professionals for Behavioral Problems
Addressing unwanted behaviors and behavior problems with your dog can be challenging to do by yourself. When your dog acts out and shows unwanted behaviors, it usually stems from anxiety or fear that they are experiencing. Getting to the root of that fear is hard to do on your own.
Having a professional dog trainer from Dog Training Elite by your side will make getting to the root of your dog's problems and helping correct them much easier. They have the skills and experience you and your dog need. With our specialized in–home training programs, we’ll help address your dog’s behavioral problems away from other distractions. In–home training is particularly useful when the issues have to do with your home too!
If you're looking for help with behavioral training in dogs, look no further! Find a Dog Training Elite trainer and get the help you need today!
We help your dog become a valued companion and beloved member of the family. Read what our customers have to say and then give us a call!
Proud Sponsor of The Malinois Foundation
At Dog Training Elite, we believe that Service Dogs save lives. It is our mission to make these life-saving companions available to our Veterans, First Responders, Women Survivors, and Children with Medical Needs. Whether it be for PTSD, Mobility Support, or Special Needs, Dog Training Elite work's with the Malinois Foundation to heal and empower these individuals with a specialized service animal, a partner in life, and a new best friend.