Request a Free Evalution & Demo
While many dog trainers offer group classes or facility based training, years of dog training experience has taught us that pups learn best in their natural environment with their owner close at hand. Our in home dog trainer program was developed for this reason.
If you're interested in our in home dog training program, we have provided information on common questions we receive. Please read below to learn more.
In Home Dog Training FAQs
- As your dog spends most of his time inside your home or around your property, this location is where problem behaviors are more likely to occur. When you bring your dog to group classes, these behaviors are likely to go unaddressed. Bringing a trainer in your home allows for your dog to feel comfortable and gives the trainer a chance to catch and correct negative behaviors.
- At Dog Training Elite, we create highly personalized programs because we know that each and every dog is different. Our in home dog training program focuses on basic obedience, housebreaking and behavior correction. If your dog is a barker, a mailman chaser, or displays aggression, your personal trainer will focus on these unique behaviors.
- Yes! Our professional trainers include you in the lessons and work hard to help you and your dog establish a bond of trust. When the dog owner is not included in the training process, it is extremely difficult to establish obedience in your dog. A dog dropped off at an over-stimulating, distracting doggie day care or group training session will have difficulty translating those lessons into his home environment.
- At Dog Training Elite, we use positive reinforcement methods and an electronic collar. We never abuse or use punishment tactics. A happy dog is an obedient dog, and we work with treats, praise and attention in order to help your dog establish healthy behaviors.
1. What are the benefits of in-home training?
2. What will my dog learn?
3. Will I be involved in the training process?
4. What training methods do you use?
Don't waste any more time searching for "dog trainers." Dog Training Elite offers the most comprehensive in home training program. We will help you bond with your dog and include you in our training process, leaving you with a happy, loyal friend for years to come.
Our Balanced Theory
We base our training around the "Classical Conditioning" model (a.k.a. "Pavlovian" or "respondent conditioning"). This includes developing conditioned or automatic reflexes to commands. In its simplest form (after proper conditioning), when the owner says "sit," the dog automatically sits without thinking about it. Our unique techniques ensure our program is a success no matter what behavior we encounter.
Empowering OwnersWe empower owners to train so their dog knows who to obey at all times.
PersonalizedWe deal with problem behaviors on a personal basis.
Environment SpecificWe train wherever issues tend to arise (i.e. jogging, park, home).
SupportiveWe support owners in the off-hours (when training is "not in session").
InvolvedWe work with all members of the household.
Simplified & CustomizedWe plan training around the owner's schedule and require only 15 min/day follow-up practice.
Continued TrainingAdditional programs / group sessions offered after in-home training.
Lifetime InvestmentWe follow up & are invested in the owner's success long-term.
Satisfaction RatingsOur high client satisfaction rating sets us apart from competitors.
A learning process that occurs when two stimuli are repeatedly paired; a response that is at first elicited by the second stimulus and is eventually elicited by the first stimulus alone.
Proud Sponsor of The Malinois Foundaiton
At Dog Training Elite, we believe that Service Dogs save lives. It is our mission to make these life-saving companions available to our Veterans, First Responders, Women Survivors, and Children with Medical Needs. Whether it be for PTSD, Mobility Support, or Special Needs, Dog Training Elite work's with the Malinois Foundation to heal and empower these individuals with a specialized service animal, a partner in life, and a new best friend.