How To Choose A Dog Trainer
Unfortunately, dog training is an unregulated industry. Meaning that anyone can advertise themselves as a dog trainer, regardless of whether or not they have the skills for high quality training. When it comes to your beloved pet, developing a strong bond is important. As training is the best way to develop this bond, it's imperative that you find a well qualified trainer.
Get a FREE in-home evaluation
from Dog Training Elite!
Professional Dog Training
Some things to look out for when searching for a dog trainer in your local area include:
- Techniques Used - There are various training methods out there, but the safest one for your pet is positive reinforcement. According to the American Kennel Service, positive reinforcement techniques " are based on the science of animal learning and have the bonus of strengthening the dog-owner bond." At Dog Training Elite, all of our programs are based on the positive-reinforcement technique.
- Credentials - Because dog training is an unregulated industry, it's important to ask for credentials. At Dog Training Elite, all of our dog trainers have undergone rigorous training and are experienced with dogs of various breeds, sizes and age.
- What Is Covered? - While obedience training is important, just focusing on the basics is not enough. Your training sessions should be adaptable to your dog's particular issues and personality. At Dog Training Elite, we perform private in-home sessions in order to test your dog in his environment and better understand problem areas.
- Personality - A dog trainer is a human trainer too! During sessions, the trainer will also be teaching you how to interact with your dog in order to deepen your bond and reinforce training lessons. You’ll want to hire a trainer that is professional, friendly and patient. If you’re searching for a dog trainer like this in your local area, contact your local Dog Training Elite today.
If you're hiring a professional dog trainer, you want to make sure you get your money's worth. Developing a strong bond with your pet and ensuring you don't deal with obedience problems are the main benefits of professional dog training. At Dog Training Elite, our program is focused on helping our clients build strong relationships with their pets.
Don't waste anymore time searching for "professional dog trainers in your local area" - just contact us today to enquire about our programs.
Once basic obedience commands are covered, we offer a variety of other specialized k9 training programs for you and your k9’s unique needs:
- Obedience training
- Anxiety / Aggression Training
- PTSD Training
- Service Dog Training
- Puppy Training
- Personal Protection Training
- Military / Retired Vet Training
When you choose a trusted dog training program , you are choosing the best for your k9. Our training programs are personalized to you and your pet, specialized for your needs and based on your schedule. We believe the relationship between a dog and his owner is a special one and we work hard to keep it positive. Unlike other programs, we never use punishment or pain during training. Encouragement and positive reinforcement are our methods and they allow for a happy, obedient k9 who is willing to please. Give us a call today to schedule your in-home dog obedience training consultation; your k9 will thank you!